I recently went on a group walk with Mycologist John Wheeler. I learned a lot and we found lots of mushrooms during our all-morning walk, but none were edible. Then, last night Kent and I were doing yard work. Just a few steps from our vegetable garden, he spied these oyster mushrooms on a tree. We harvested some of them and drove them to a local friend/mushroom expert, Michele. Yep, they’re oyster mushrooms alright, one of the most choice kinds for eating. As per Michele’s advice, I steamed and froze them for future use.

This entry was posted in The Farm and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *